Mrs Loredana Pollifrone
Personal message: As an educational leader, I am passionate about preparing students to become innovative leaders of our future. Guided by their faith in Christ, I inspire my students to share their unique gifts with others and challenge them to be curious, creative, lifelong learners.
Statement of areas of responsibility: Loredana is the Coordinator responsible for Gifted Education and ICT. She leads the school’s Newman Selective Gifted Education Program and supports staff in effective identification of and provision for gifted students. Loredana also assists in the implementation of the school’s BYODD (Bring Your Own Designated Device) ICT program. She has enjoyed supporting staff and pre-service teachers through professional development, accreditation and reciprocal feedback processes.
Professional experience: Loredana has been working at All Hallows Catholic Primary School Five Dock since 2017 in the role of Classroom Teacher and Coordinator. Prior to this, she worked at St Mark’s Catholic Primary School Drummoyne. Loredana also held a leadership role as ICT Coordinator and Classroom Teacher at St Catherine of Siena Catholic Primary School Prestons from 2013 to 2015.
She has presented at a number of Sydney Catholic Schools educational conferences, including Authentic Learning TeachMeets, Network Meetings and Newman Professional Learning symposiums.
- Masters of Gifted Education (University of New South Wales) – current study
- Bachelor of Education (Primary) specialisation in Religious Education (University of Notre Dame)
- Mini Certificate of Gifted Education (University of New South Wales)
- Facilitating enrichment opportunities for students to nurture their gifts and talents
- Creating and supporting student leadership opportunities
- Building teacher capacity in Authentic Learning and Differentiation
- Continual professional learning through completing her Masters of Gifted Education